Monday, August 11, 2014

{beauty} deborah lippmann | New York Marquee

Not going to restate the obvious about deborah lippmann polish [you can go for that here, here and here], but I will rave about her new New York Marquee collection that just launched. She did it again. She is calling this fresh metallic finish "luxe chrome", which I couldn't have named better myself - there is something about the way that light catches these finishes on the nail that is pretty hard to top and does feel truly luxe. And the colors! It's hard for someone with such pale skin to pull off a silver, gold or rose nail, but these compliment the skin instead of the color reflecting on it [you know, when you put on a color and your skin seems to turn that shade slightly?].

While I'm not totally ready to upgrade for Fall just yet, when I do I will be starting with that insanely good pewter color [Take The "A" Train] and promise to share the results!


"From Bowery to Broadway, each nail lacquer reflects the ever-dazzling sights, sounds, and spirit of the city. Inspired by 1940's luxury and vintage fabrics, the collection of six colors employs an innovative, new luxe chrome finish." 

Take The "A" Train [pewter]
Autumn in New York [gold
Lullaby Of Broadway [blush]
12th Street Rag [magenta]
Harlem Nocturne [indigo]
I'll Take Manhattan [teal]

photos: Robin West


No comments:

Post a Comment