Tuesday, February 4, 2014

{in my kitchen} smoked salmon + biscuit sandwich

While eggs benedict will always be my "go-to" when dining out for brunch, I have been on a bit of a smoked salmon kick when these brunch cravings hit me at home [this is an old favorite]. I saw a recipe for a smoked salmon pizza over at Spoon Fork Bacon + immediately went out to get all the ingredients. When I came to terms with the fact that I would never find an appropriate dough for my pizza stone in my neighborhood [fists to the sky!], I thought of a plan b... biscuits!  

This turned out to be everything that I had hoped it would be, if not better. And this was legit. I say this in the sense of having a great balance of flavor + real substance to it. There is nothing worse, in my eyes, than taking a bite of a sandwich + not having enough of the main ingredient, which usually ends up with a mouthful of bread.



Ingredients [there is no real recipe here, just play with your food to your liking]
Nova Smoked Salmon
Red onion, very thinly sliced
Capers [I only use a few, use as many as you desire]
Sour cream [can use cream cheese or crème fraiche]
Lemon for a sprinkle of juice
Dill
Biscuits [store bought or break out the rolling pin with Smitten Kitchen's recipe]

EAT!



photos: Robin West

No comments:

Post a Comment