Wednesday, May 1, 2013

{in my kitchen} fennel + smoked salmon

I took a long weekend + went down to Florida for some quality time with my grandparents this past week.  While the time I spent with them is irreplaceable, I am happy to leave their daily buffet diet behind.

I had some smoked salmon in the fridge that I wanted to use + remembered a Martha Stewart recipe that I came across that I have been wanting to try, and in 5 minutes I was able to tiredly whip up a fennel + lemon zest salad to top it.  It was just what a needed - cool, flavorful + extremely fresh.  This will definitely be repeated weekly in the summer months coming up.


Fennel and Smoked Salmon via Martha Stewart

1 fennel bulb thinly sliced 
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Salt & pepper
4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
1 tbsp evoo

  • Slice fennel bulb with a mandolin
  • Mix fennel, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl.  Season with salt and pepper
  • Lay salmon on a plate, dress with fennel mixture and drizzle with oil
EAT! 


photos: Robin West

No comments:

Post a Comment