Saturday, November 2, 2013

{photo diary} Laura Vela

This week, somewhere between wearing my super hero hats in life, I was invited to preview the Laura Vela Spring 2014 Collection.  I will be honest - I did not know a lot about this line beforehand, but I only needed one short glance at it before I made up my mind.  Here's the thing - the key thing - about this line that is refreshing: it looks luxurious AND it's actually affordable!  

Somehow, women have grown accustomed to shelling out thousands of dollars on a bag in recent yeras without blinking [or really grasping how many months of rent it costs] because of the status exotic leathers, skins & details.  Yes, I too shelled out almost a month of rent on a recent bag purchase but it was to myself for my 30th Birthday, mom, OK?  In between my impulse purchases every few years, I like to be a bit smarter for a great seasonal upgrade and I think I have found just that designer in Laura.  
Her aesthetic is clean, simple and wearable - 3 key things that speak to me.  AND that little white Lola Shoulder Bag and Balade Backpack are calling my name.  IDK who they are named after, but those are two classy ladies that I would like to meet.


photos: Robin West

Shop the current collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment