Monday, January 2, 2012

{in my kitchen} persimmon salad

Ever since I went back to Salt and Fat in Sunnyside with my friend before the break, I couldn't stop thinking about this Persimmon salad that rocked my world.  So, when I went to an organic Chinese Market a few blocks away and saw some perfectly ripe persimmons in front of my eyes, I just had to try to recreate it.  Just had to! I am not normally a 'salad person', so the mixture of fruit & bacon is a great way to get some greens in my belly.


All ya need:

*ripe persimmons (should be very soft. oh, and make sure to remove ALL skin)
*fresh feta cheese
*arugula
*vinaigrette (I used a blush wine, but lemon or pepper will do just fine)
and most importantly,
*bacon, speck or pancetta

ta da!!


Photos: Robin West

No comments:

Post a Comment