Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Before & After: A Simple DIY


So, last week while a friend and I were driving around Brooklyn's Prospect Park area, I saw a great white chair at a stoop sale that I wanted to grab.  I saw the great potential of the chair-it was chipped and aged just the way I like it, so all that it desperately needed was a new seat.  I don't know the first thing to reupholster anything, but the seat came off easy enough that I knew I could fix it up with great vintage fabric I purchased at an antique store a few months back.  It now had a purpose!  With a price at only $10 (and a friend with a van to transport it home) I scooped it up without hesitation.
Once home, all it needed was a nice scrub, batting to cushion the seat and some gorgeous, unique fabric.  It is now a perfect night stand to hold some books & magazines!

No comments:

Post a Comment