Thursday, December 4, 2014

{holidays} gift guide for her

I really believed that I was an easy person to shop for - I like so many different things, how hard can it be! Then I realized, looking through someone else's eyes, that not having a very specific style can be hard for others to pin point if I would like it or not. And I buy things for myself all too often when I want them. 

I was gifted a gorgeous Smythson Passport Cover for my recent trip abroad and it's one of my favorite things I've been given in quite some time. It's something that I've always wanted and desired, but something I never would have thought to buy myself on my own. This is really a "duh" realization and so obvious, but this year I'm trying to think in those terms as much as possible for the holiday season. 

How about some Le Labo parfum that has been made right in front of you? Or a monogrammed zipper case for the soon-to-be bride? Or a pair of badass sneakers with a special someone's initials on them (cough, cough, hint, hint). As we in the Advertising realm would say, a little "surprise and delight"!



Obviously, there are always those gifts that are a bit more extravagant and special and you can never go wrong with a nice bag or some fanciful jewelry. But, especially with a sister who is going to be changing her name in the coming months, I'm adjusting my radar to gifts that are a bit more personalized and things that someone would maybe not consider on their own. 

What's on YOUR list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment