Wednesday, October 8, 2014

{style} up against a wall

Every year I look for a specific type of black shoe - last year was a pump, the year before was a high boot - and every year I get SO aggravated at how impossible it is to find what's in my head. This year's casual/weekend ankle boot search was no exception, and I even allowed myself to look at higher priced designer options after a few weeks of coming up empty. It's truly mind-boggling that a $600 leather shoe can look and feel like cheap plastic, what's the point?!

I had given up hope, until I found myself walking by Zara during an after work errand run. I figured it was worth a shot since they do quickly 'copy' other luxury designs, and what did you know, I found myself with 5 different styles of black boots to try on. This motorcycle ankle bootie was the first one I tried on, and it was almost identical to what I was scouring endlessly for. Low enough heel for the weekend, and quality leather that I can pull them off at work.

Now, if I could only get away with wearing that hat at the offices...


Worth and Worth Papillon hat [was told it was to be discontinued, similar here]
Anndra Neen 'Two Tone' necklace, c/o Paire.us
J.Crew crew neck sweater [similar here]
Madewell blouse [similar here]
Levi's 535s
Zara Leather Bootie [similar]
Coach Willis bag
BCBG leather jacket [similar here]
Deborah Lippmann 'Modern Love' polish



No comments:

Post a Comment