Monday, October 14, 2013

{beauty} a few of my favorite things

Here's some background on my skin - in my earlier twenties, I rarely moisturized, I went to bed with makeup on [usually after a night of drinking & possibly smoking, ew], and rarely put SPF on other then the beach.

Oh, how times change.  I look at women like Julianne Moore, Cindy Crawford and Jennifer Anniston, who seem mostly fresh faced and not over botox'd [the horror] and want to do whatever they are doing. Ms. Anniston recently revealed that one of her secrets is Vaseline on her eyes before sleeping [you better believe I tried that immediately].

What this all comes down to is trying to be nicer to my skin now, before it's too late, and trying some simple ingredients.  I just put Josie Maran Argan Oil in my rotation, and within 3 days, "Robin, you look so refreshed!", even after just returning from work travel on minimal sleep. Using that at night, and focusing on some simple NARSskin & some Benefit highlighting in the right places is the easiest fresh face I've gotten in a long time.  And I personally think my face is looking better then ever.


Josie Maran Argan OilBenefit Eye BrightBenefit Benetint, NARSskin Optimal Brightening Concentrate, elf mascara [best mascara EVER], Dr. Jart Renewalist BB Cream, StriVectin-SD Eye Cream

Photo: Robin West


No comments:

Post a Comment