Tuesday, September 10, 2013

{runway} Edun Spring 2014 Collection - NYFW

Ok. So I know I said I wouldn't go too deep into 'reviewing' these collections, but I just can't help myself.  And also, that was before I experienced Edun's Spring 2014 Collection created by the uber-talented Danielle Sherman.  This was the first collection by the designer who took over the brand that was started by Bono [who yes, was sitting front + center being the rockstar that he is].

One thing about fashion shows is the photos don't do most of them justice. Do you see the subtle leather in these outfits? Because that weaving, my friends, is done with insanely beautiful leather. And how many times can you say these words - everything is wearable. It was truly one of those rare occurrences that everything is beautiful enough for editorial, while being classic enough for wearability. Minus Birkenstocks, I can't condone that kind of foot decor quite frankly.

If this is what we have to look forward to with her as head of this brand, this will become one of the most covetable shows each season.  Guaranteed.  


photos: Robin West

No comments:

Post a Comment