Thursday, January 24, 2013

{good eats} Leyla NYC

Let me break this down for you.  There are few things that I love more than brunch in NYC, that's first.  Second, I'm a sucker for eats that have the words "salted caramel" in the description.  So obviously when I walked by Leyla to meet my brunch companion [our goal in 2013 is 40 brunches] + saw the sign "unlimited mimosas + brunch entree $25" + I saw Salted Caramel French Toast, I just had to drag her in.  I mean, it would have been wrong not to.

These may sound weird, but I don't love french toast.  Yeah, when it's made from some fresh challah I enjoy it, but it doesn't usually scream to me.  This stuff was legit.  I have never had anything like it.  It was the perfect texture + then had this crazy crunchy texture to the outside with bruleed banana + THEN on top of salted caramel?!   

Do you see it? You see it, right?  Pure insanity.  Oh, and thank you to our amazing server who danced his way over to our table [+ our hearts] with these plates + that pitcher of mimosas, you are a true rock star.




photos: Robin West

No comments:

Post a Comment