Wednesday, May 16, 2012

{photo diary} Jean Paul Gaultier at de Young Museum


When I realized I was going to be in SF while the de Young Museum had their Gaultier exhibit opened, I immediately put it to the top of my list.  One of the best things was that they really made sure to not allow a massive amount of people in all at once so everyone was able to get detailed views of each magnificent piece.  

As soon as you walk in, you realize you are experiencing something really unique - each mannequin had a video projection of individual faces blinking, singing + looking right at you.  A little creepy at first, but man, did it make an impression + suck you right in!

I really loved everything.  Each era, collection + detail was seriously beautiful, so much so if I were allowed to sleep on the floor and just 'live it' for a day or two I absolutely would have.  


Madonna's actual wardrobe.

 

hands down my favorite look in the exhibit...

 

Photos: Robin West

No comments:

Post a Comment