Friday, May 11, 2012

{new beginnings} + happy friday!


Up until 2 or 3 years ago, I lived my life in fear.  I will always be a work in progress, but "what if I lose my job", "what if I don't have enough money", "what if they don't like how I do this",  "what if I tell them the truth and they get mad", and so on, were thoughts that were in my head every day and thoughts that I allowed to run my life.  I was afraid of trying new things or doing what I wanted to do and failing at them/looking bad, so I never expanded out of my comfort zone.  Which, as you probably know, to succeed you need to fall a few times.  And that's ok!

I know I just serious for a Friday.  It's bittersweet, but today is my last day at my current job and I will be moving on to another agency on Monday.  Am I 100% sure of my decision to move out of a comfortable job and atmosphere that I have been secure in and have been able to roam freely in?  No.  Am I 100% sure that this is absolutely the best fit?  Nope.  What I AM sure about is that for once, I made a decision that seems like the best thing for me at this time.  

Only time will tell how I grow and who I grow with, but today, I have that excited/nervous feeling that I used to get on my first day of school.  And in the long run, I made a decision for myself and know that no matter what happens, I will be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment