Thursday, November 25, 2010

Good Eats: Little Oven

Call me crazy, I am not a big cake person...it's usually the icing that I just find to be too sweet.  Though, one tasty treat that I really can't get enough of are French Macarons, if you haven't noticed.  Unfortunately, there are no bakeries anywhere near my house that makes them.

Soooo, when I came across an article last week that featured a bakery in Long Island City, NY called Little Oven that delivers, I decided I would give them a shot.  All I can say is, WOW & I am so glad that I did.  The caramel fleur de seul is my hands down favorite, but the pumpkin pie & caramel apple (with real chunks of apple in the ganache!) are a pretty close second.   Definitely going to be holiday gifts for a few special friends this year.


Photos: Robin West

No comments:

Post a Comment