Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brooklyn's Finest

Today I had another Sunday Funday-this time in Brooklyn's Prospect Park.  My good friend Ruth from Chic Thrills showed me her Prospect Park neighborhood, which I quickly fell in love with.  During the first 3 minutes in the car, we eyed a great stoop sale that Ruth frequents and I got a gorgeous shabby white chair for $10!  I will follow up next week with before & after shots once I reupholster the seat with some great vintage fabric I have been holding onto for something special.

Next stop? Frankies 457: Brooklyn, an aromatic eatery with delicious homemade favorites and a great view of the outdoor patio with vines cascading the brick walls.  We started with Cremini Mushroom & Truffle Oil Crostinis (omg).  Ruth followed this with mouthwatering Sweet Potato & Sage Ravioli in Parmesan Broth, while I went with the House-Made Gnocchi Marinara & Fresh Ricotta.  Unreal!



For dessert? The Chocolate Room Brooklyn down the street.  I mean, with a name like that, I don't really need to say more, do I?  To go alongside my thick, foamy chai latte, I gave the waitor freedom to surprise me with 4 chocolates from the Chocolate Confections Sampler (your choice of Fritz’s confections by the piece).



My favorites? The "Jacqueline" on the left (White chocolate ganache with Grand Marnier-notice the great imprint) and the "Hannah" on the right (burnt chocolate, filled with a creamy caramel & topped with Hawaiin sea salt).  I was sooo dying over the Hannah chocolates, I took a package to go.  Somehow, two are already missing!!



Photos: Robin West

No comments:

Post a Comment